IFR Necker-Enfants Malades (IRNEM – IFR 94) was replaced with SFR Necker on January 1st, 2014. It is officially recognized by four public institutions, namely AP-HP, CNRS, INSERM and University Paris Descartes. SFR Necker is entrusted with the development and optimization of technological platforms, as well as contributing to scientific activities on Necker/Broussais site.
To date, 11 platforms are operational and some of them are accessible to researchers and partners institutions from Ile de France Region.
SFR Necker future events
- Executive committee meeting: December 13th at Imagine
- SFR Necker annual seminar: November 29th 2018 at Imagine
- Cytometry core facility, site Broussais --> Spectral analyzer SP6800 SONY
The SP6800 is a very intuitive analyzer cytometer, intended for the autonomous users.
The spectral technology optimizes the sensibility and improves the detection of low signals by collecting the photons from 420nm to 800nm. The spectral technology simplifies the design of multi-panels colors, by eliminating band-pass filters and the conventional matrices of compensation.
The implemented spectral deconvolution makes the simpler and easier analysis by separating the individual spectral imprints of each fluorochrome. We obtain a more complete image of the rare populations. The complexities associated with the work with fluorescent proteins and fluorochromes excited by several lasers are decreased
Localisation : Broussais, LRB119 – contact : email@example.com
- Cytometry core facility, site Broussais --> Upgrade of the cell sorter in version BD FACS Aria IIIu
This new version improves the systems fluidic, computing and especially optics (an additional line of excitation: the laser 561nm, and 6 detectors for the BV on the Violet laser).
Furthermore, the version 8 of the software BD FACS DIVA was installed on this device :
- The version 8 allows Overlays, Undo / Redo and Copy / Paste of all the elements of the Worksheet.
- This version introduces a new very innovative application: the Index Sorting. It allows the users who sort and deposit a unique cell in multi-well plate (96 wells for example), to examine the phenotype of every collected cell, to identify them on graphs and edit a complete report for every cell.
Localisation : Broussais, LRB119 – contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cell Imaging --> Microscope Leica TCS STED gated-SP8-3X
The imaging platform has just acquired a new confocal microscope equipped with STED (Stimulated Emission Depletion) technology.
The STED is a super-resolution method which breaks the optical diffraction limit and achieves resolutions of the order of a few tens of nanometers.
The main strengths of this technology are :
1 . Lateral resolution without any additional post- processing below 50 nm due to the vortex " donut "
2 . Intrinsic confocal optical sectioning , allowing the acquisition of three-dimensional structures
3 . Fast image acquisition of several images per second
4 . Live- imaging capabilities by using either fluorescent proteins or other fluorescent tags